Monday, March 16, 2009

Looking for Answers


So what is the answer?

How do we know that God really loves us?

Does he really care for us? 

How can I know that it matters for my life & my experience at all?

On Friday, we got a clear & clean picture of the answer to that question. As 1 John 4:9 says 

"This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him" 

We are all looking for love, whether it is in good friends, our family, or the latest band, we're looking for those things that are meaningful & those things that will last.
And in God we have the promise of lasting love. Even better, we have the promise of lasting life! Just to top the whole deal off, God tells us whom we ought to love as well. 4:9-11 :

"Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us."

When I think of the hope that I have for the WAY, the biggest picture I have in my head is that we could be a community which is shaped by love. Not the fluffy, lovey-dovey valentines day kind of stuff, but the kind of love where we go out of our way to look out for each other, to respect each other, and to welcome new "others" to our group as they come along.





No comments: